For the Beef Patties:
- 1 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium Vidalia onion, very finely chopped
- ¾ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 cup olive oil, plus more for grilling
- 4 – 6 inch pita breads with pockets
For the Cucumber Sour Cream Sauce:
- 1/2 English Cucumber, unpeeled, cut into 4 wedges lengthwise and then into ¼ inch pieces.
- 4 tbsp. Fresh Dill, chopped
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 8 oz. Sour Cream
- Using a fork, mix lamb, onion, parsley, coriander, cumin, cinnamon, salt, pepper, and ¼ cup oil in a large bowl. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Make the Cucumber Sour Cream sauce. In a large bowl, combine the cut up cucumber, sour cream and salt. Stir in the chopped dill. Set aside
- Prepare grill for medium heat and oil grate. Working one at a time, open each pita pocket by cutting along seam, halfway around perimeter. Spoon filling into pitas, spreading to edges. Close, pressing on filling to seal.
- Grill pitas until filling is cooked through and bread is crisp, about 5 minutes per side.
- Carefully open the cut side of pita, spoon in the cucumber sour cream sauce, serve.
DO AHEAD: Filling can be made 8 hours ahead. Keep chilled. Pita breads can be stuffed 1 hour ahead. Cover and chill.
Amount per serving
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15.7g 20%, Saturated Fat 3.9g 20%, Cholesterol 101mg 34%, Sodium 3049mg 133%, Total Carbohydrate 44.2g 16%, Dietary Fiber 7.4g 26%, Total Sugars 2.5g , Protein 42.7g , Vitamin D 0mcg 0%
Calcium 121mg 9%, Iron 27mg 151%, Potassium 884mg 19%
*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.