- 1-24 Oz Jar of Store-Bought Marinara Sauce
- 8 ounces spaghetti (not thin spaghetti), broken in half
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 1 cup ricotta (optional)
- For the meatballs:
- 1-pound ground beef
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, finely grated or minced
- Make the meatballs: In a large bowl, mix together beef, breadcrumbs, Parmesan, chopped basil, egg, salt and garlic. Roll into 1 1/4-inch balls.
- Turn the Instant Pot on in Sauté function. Pour ½ the Marinara Sauce into the Instant Pot. Heat for 5 minutes. Scatter uncooked spaghetti over the sauce. (Try to keep the spaghetti on top of the sauce), then top with meatballs.
- Cover and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes. Manually release the pressure, then remove the cover and stir to separate the spaghetti. Stir in 2 tablespoons Parmesan. At this point, the pasta will be almost but not quite cooked through. Place the top back on the pressure cooker (loosely) and let it sit for 3 to 10 minutes, until the sauce has thickened, and spaghetti is al dente but not mushy.
- Serve dolloped with ricotta, if using, and sprinkled with thinly sliced basil and more Parmesan if you like.
Amount per serving
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36.7g 47%, Saturated Fat 10.4g 52%, Cholesterol 228mg 76%, Sodium 1230mg 53%, Total Carbohydrate 51.1g 19%, Dietary Fiber 4g 14%, Total Sugars 7.7g , Protein 63.1g , Vitamin D 4mcg 22%, Calcium 453mg 35%, Iron 24mg 134%, Potassium 677mg 14%
*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.