- 6-6-inch pita breads
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) mascarpone cheese
- Grated zest of 1/2 large lemon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 packed cups (3 ounces) arugula or baby spinach
- 8 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Brush each side of the pita breads with 1/2 teaspoon olive oil and grill 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until crisp. Remove from the grill and cool slightly.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Crack the eggs directly into the pan and cook until the egg whites are set, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Combine the mascarpone cheese, lemon zest, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. In a medium bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons olive oil, the lemon juice, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper until smooth. Add the arugula and toss until coated.
- Spread each pita with 2 tablespoons of the mascarpone mixture. Divide the prosciutto on top. Divide the arugula and mound on top of the prosciutto. Carefully place a fried egg on top of each pita. Season the eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper. Serve.
One serving provides approximately: 325 calories, 16.8 g protein, 38.1 g carbohydrates, 5.4 g fiber, 13.2 g fat (4.8 g saturated), 202 mg cholesterol, 3 mg iron, 556 mg sodium.