- 2¼ cups chopped plum tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped pitted Kalamata olives
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups hot cooked whole-wheat fusilli or penne pasta
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 2 ounces shaved fresh pecorino Romano cheese
Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Add hot pasta and arugula. Toss gently. Divide pasta mixture among 4 bowls, and sprinkle with cheese.
*Time Saver Tip: Cook the whole box of pasta according to package directions. Freeze the leftovers in a freezer bag, reheat for later use.
Nutrition: One serving provides approximately: 14 g Protein, 45 g Carbohydrates, 6 g Fiber, 16 g Fat (3.5 g saturated), 15 mg Cholesterol, 25 mcg Folate, 2 mg Iron, 587 mg Sodium